PRODUCT RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS AND FREIGHT CLAIMS POLICY
Liberty Glove & Safety makes every effort to ensure that your shipment arrives on time and in good condition. Our partner carriers work hard to maintain the lowest claim ratio’s of less than 1%. However, on rare occasions, shipping damage or shortage does occur and when a claim arises, we work with our customers to satisfy all parties. Please note the following guidelines listed below to aid in the prevention of damages or shortage of your shipments:
- Please inspect this shipment immediately upon receipt. Our partner carriers require their drivers to wait for a reasonable amount of time until customers have accounted for the shipment and the delivery receipt is signed showing number of cases received.
- Please sign for piece count as well as pallets.
- The freight carrier has acknowledged the receipt of this shipment from our facilities in GOOD CONDITION. By your acceptance of the shipment from the carrier on the Bill of Lading, you acknowledge that the product has been delivered in GOOD CONDITION. Liberty Glove & Safety is not liable for any shortage or damaged discovered after signing "complete" on the delivery receipt. Please note once the delivery receipt is signed complete, no credits will be issued or payment deductions allowed for freight claims & quantity of damaged or shortages discovered after the shipping company has left your warehouse.
- If any shortages or damages are discovered upon delivery, make a notation for damage and/or shortage on the Bill of Lading with a representative from the carrier present before accepting the order. Have the driver sign all copies to acknowledge the notation.
CLAIMS FOR SHORTAGES OR DAMAGES
In the event your shipment is damaged or items are lost, be sure to make note of it on the delivery receipt before signing and giving to the driver. Specify Items for the claim:
- Damaged or unsealed packages
- Shrink wrap is torn or not intact (Liberty shrink wrap has a "STOP" tape around it)
- Quantity shortages
DAMAGE AND/OR SHORTAGE:
Claims can be made only when it is indicated on the Bill of Lading at the time of the delivery. The claim must then be reported by phone, fax or e-mail immediately to the sales representative that handles your account.
Liberty Glove & Safety must be informed within 24 hours of receiving your shipment. Lost or damaged shipments must be reported within one week of expected arrival. The Carriers require us to file your claim within 15 days of delivery. If claim is made at a later date, we will not be held responsible. The shortage will be subject to investigation. If we find the claim is justified, we will either issue a credit or replace the merchandise. When shortage and/or damage is due to the freight carrier, a claim must be filed with the carrier immediately.
Return Authorization (RA) is required on all return merchandise. No credit will be issued without a proper RA and the customer is subject to pay 15% restocking fee. No goods will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Please notify Liberty Glove & Safety immediately of all damage.
- Do not return merchandise to Liberty Glove & Safety without first contact our sales representative.
- File your claim directly by calling the sales department at Liberty Glove & Safety.
- Keep all packing materials, including Bill of Lading (signed by the driver) and boxes with the damaged product.
- Do not throw anything away until the claim is settled.